SEPTEMBER 1-2, 2017. Montego Bay, Jamaica
The CanEx Jamaica Business Conference & Expo will facilitate a mix of high level discourse and practical opportunity led by global experts with real-life application in the industry and bring together high level professionals from across the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and North America to discuss opportunities for investment, medical development and the legal landscape. The conference will also feature presentations and exhibitions by experts, policymakers, researchers and business people.
CanEx Jamaica was held for the first time in September 2016, and a Seminar Series was subsequently held on May 5, 2017. Both events were very successful and provided an important opportunity for knowledge exchange and high level networking. They have played a pivotal role in elevating the discussion from a business and industry perspective in Jamaica. There have been quite a number of business relationships and partnerships forged at CanEx Jamaica and the event was covered in many media outlets, including the front page of the Sunday New York Times.
CanEx Jamaica will deliver:
• 1-day conference featuring the latest advances on the legal, investment and product development landscape
• Speakers, panelists and innovative experts shaping the future of the global cannabis market
• First-hand insight into the most cutting-edge market innovations and technologies
• Unrivaled networking opportunities – meet key policy makers and strategic influencers
• Interactive sessions which facilitate a deep-dive into the cannabis-related topics that matter most to you
• Access to players and decision makers in the Caribbean, LATAM and North America
• Unparalleled opportunity to network with the power brokers in the market
• Excellent opportunity to position your services and products in this burgeoning market
• Hear the latest legal and regulatory industry developments
• Position your brand ahead of the curve
• Opportunity to leave with firm orders and strategic relationships
• Ability to tailor your sponsorship and exhibition package to best suit your enterprise objectives
• Opportunity to secure direct meetings
As a Canadian investor in the tourism industry in Jamaica, I was thrilled to see CanEx taking place so soon on the island. The Cannabis industry represents a lot of opportunity for Jamaican and Foreign investors. We need to grab the bull by the horns or get left behind. CanEX was an amazing forum to get educated as well as create much needed linkages across various participants. There were some tough discussions and clearly a lot of issues still to iron out but at least some robust ideas are coming to the table. Jamaica is a leading Cannabis brand and therefore should have a first rate annual cannabis conference. CanEx is a fabulous start. I will be back.
I congratulate Douglas Gordon and his team for putting on CANEX as it really serves as a great educational platform bringing together professionals and experts from all over the world who are involved in the cannabis industry. Jamaica, and people living in Jamaica, need platforms like CANEX to can acquaint ourselves with what is happening in the global cannabis industry and hence be able to get maximum benefit from this cannabis industry.
I wish Douglas and the team all the best, hoping to see a next great CANEX.
“I have attended numerous cannabis conferences over the last few years and CanEX Jamaica is one of my favorite, by far. It gather some of the cannabis industry leaders and top scientists/doctors in an amazing setting. Not only attendees will learn a lot about cannabis they will also have the opportunity to network with the top cannabis companies. Put CanEx Jamaica on your list of must attend conferences you will not regret it!”
“An extremely well organized and structured conference. I leaned a great deal about the industry from the experts and the networking was second to none.”
“The CanEx Conference embodied the intersectionality of Jamaica’s diverse population, the beauty of Jamaicans living abroad coming home to contribute, and the full utilization of the innovation and talent within Jamaica’s borders.
The CanEx Conference created a think-tank environment which generated actionable next steps for Cannabis legalization and business development in Jamaica.
As a Cannabis Attorney, I am excited about what this new yet familiar industry means for job creation and business opportunity.”